Friday, August 21, 2026
15.5 C
Lesotho

COVID-19 wreaks havoc in Leribe schools

By Teboho Serutla

Molapo High School in Leribe says the school management has been advised to release all grade 12 and 10 learners, temporarily from school.

This advice from the National COVID-19 Secretariat (NACOSEC) follows a report of positive cases in students in some classes.

NACOSEC has been taking efforts as a quick response to address the pandemic’s outbreak in some schools in the district.

The intention of this temporary closure, which will take 14 days, effective from June 17, 2021, is to minimize the potential risks of extended infections within the communities.

The school is said to have reported at least 15 confirmed positive cases so far. However, the principal of the school, Moses Phole said the tests are still continuing in other classes and he will have a clear picture on Monday.

He adds that some of the students were writing examinations which had to be suspended for a 14-day period.

Classes are suspended until July 01, 2021.

Hot this week

60th Independence anniversary celebrations launched

Government has  launched the country's 60th Independence anniversary celebrations, unveiling a...

IEC mulls harmonised elections

The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) is considering harmonising the...

IEC seek police help over security gaps

The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) has engaged police to investigate...

Govt to reconstruct Letša la Letsie dam wall

Government has announced plans to reconstruct the Letša la Letsie Dam wall in...

Lesotho excluded from new US tariff measures

Government has welcomed the country’s exclusion from the United States’...

Topics

60th Independence anniversary celebrations launched

Government has  launched the country's 60th Independence anniversary celebrations, unveiling a...

IEC mulls harmonised elections

The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) is considering harmonising the...

IEC seek police help over security gaps

The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) has engaged police to investigate...

Govt to reconstruct Letša la Letsie dam wall

Government has announced plans to reconstruct the Letša la Letsie Dam wall in...

Lesotho excluded from new US tariff measures

Government has welcomed the country’s exclusion from the United States’...

Heavy snowfall forces temporary closure of Qacha’s Nek border post

Operations at the Qacha’s Nek Port of Entry between...

LHDA to plant 40, 000 trees at LHWP sites

The Lesotho Highlands Development Authority (LHDA) will on Friday launch an initiative to...

Matekane in Abuja for trade summit 

Prime Minister Sam Matekane is in Abuja, Nigeria for the "Breaking...
spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x