Friday, August 21, 2026
15.5 C
Lesotho

Standard Lesotho Bankgoes digital

Standard Lesotho Bank (SLB) is embracing a cashless future with its new transactional campaign, urging customers to shift to digital channels for everyday transactions.

Through this campaign, the bank is asking its customers to join them by doing more in post transactions and use their digital channels to buy or pay for services like airtime and electricity.

Speaking during the launch on Tuesday this week, SLB head of personal and private banking, Rethabile Motsoahae, emphasized the bank’s commitment to enhancing customer experience through continuous service surveys.

Motsoahae said by adopting digital transactions, SLB aims to make banking more cost-effective and convenient, eliminating the need for physical ATM visits or branch trips.

He stated that this initiative is a key element in enhancing the bank’s services to its clients.

“With the functionalities available on our channels, banking has become more convenient and efficient.

“At SLB, we view this as a significant step in improving our service by empowering customers to manage their banking needs independently,” he said.

Teboho Sello, also from SLB person and private banking, said the transactional campaign by SLB started on August 1 and will end on December 31, 2024.

Sello noted that customers who want to be part of the campaign have a chance to win a share M300,000 and a brand new vehicle.

He indicated that the promotion is for SLB’s clients who use the blue, silver and gold card. However, SLB staff and their immediate families are not allowed to be part of the campaign.

“For one to be part of the promotion, they need to do three transactions; use their debit card to swipe, send money using instant money and lastly, buy electricity or airtime.

“When one does the transactions every month, there is a higher chance of them becoming a winner,” Sello explained.

He said importantly, when one buys airtime or electricity, the minimum money to spend is M20.

Commenting on the prices one is going to walk away with during the campaign, Sello said there is an individual share of M3,000 to be won on a monthly basis until December.

He added that every month, there is a trolley dash, where the customers who swipe have a chance to receive grocery worth M3,000.

The bank also announced three winners of the lending campaign launched earlier this year for personal banking clients; Thato Chobokoane, Taele Paul Lebona and Motlatsi Sekotlo. They won M20 000 each.

The competition came after a successful lending campaign which spanned from May to August 2023.

During this campaign, there were prices to be won by clients who would take up loans with SLB until May this year.

SLB offers Unsecured Personal Loans (UPL), Vehicle and Asset Finance (VAF) as well as home loans.

Customers who would take any of the three loan types, namely unsecured personal loan, home loan or vehicle and asset finance loan entered a draw to stand a chance to win one of five cash prizes of M20,000 each.

Hot this week

60th Independence anniversary celebrations launched

Government has  launched the country's 60th Independence anniversary celebrations, unveiling a...

IEC mulls harmonised elections

The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) is considering harmonising the...

IEC seek police help over security gaps

The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) has engaged police to investigate...

Govt to reconstruct Letša la Letsie dam wall

Government has announced plans to reconstruct the Letša la Letsie Dam wall in...

Lesotho excluded from new US tariff measures

Government has welcomed the country’s exclusion from the United States’...

Topics

60th Independence anniversary celebrations launched

Government has  launched the country's 60th Independence anniversary celebrations, unveiling a...

IEC mulls harmonised elections

The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) is considering harmonising the...

IEC seek police help over security gaps

The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) has engaged police to investigate...

Govt to reconstruct Letša la Letsie dam wall

Government has announced plans to reconstruct the Letša la Letsie Dam wall in...

Lesotho excluded from new US tariff measures

Government has welcomed the country’s exclusion from the United States’...

Heavy snowfall forces temporary closure of Qacha’s Nek border post

Operations at the Qacha’s Nek Port of Entry between...

LHDA to plant 40, 000 trees at LHWP sites

The Lesotho Highlands Development Authority (LHDA) will on Friday launch an initiative to...

Matekane in Abuja for trade summit 

Prime Minister Sam Matekane is in Abuja, Nigeria for the "Breaking...
spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_imgspot_imgspot_img
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x